Anugerah Kecemerlangan Industri (AKI)
What is AKI?
- The Anugerah Kecemerlangan Industri (AKI) or Industry Excellence Award was introduced by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) in 1991 to recognise outstanding Malaysian companies and to encourage continuous improvement in products and services rendered. Over the years, AKI has gained a reputation for being the nation’s premier corporate recognition award.
- In 2012, the AKI underwent a rebranding process to review its concept; award categories; the evaluation and assessment procedures; as well as the incentives for winners. As a result, the AKI returned in 2014 with several new and improved features.
- Starting 2016, a new category which is Open Category for Multinational Companies (from both manufacturing and services sectors) is introduced. All winners of the categories will also be in the running for the exclusive Prime Minister’s Award. This award which is AKI’s premier award is given in recognition of overall industry excellence.
- Recognise the most outstanding companies in the manufacturing and services industries
- Recognise companies with business plans to increase value-added products or services
- Recognise companies with best practices that render them as inspiring role models to other companies
Who can apply?
- Open to all companies incorporated in Malaysia in accordance with the Companies Act, 1965
- Has been in operation for at least three (3) years continuously; and
- Submitted audited financial statements for the past three (3) consecutive financial years.
For more information and application form PLEASE CLICK HERE